Well done, Knights! We’ve finished our first EDH League at Board Knight. Did we have fun? Overall, I think so! There were many rules that worked, but others that did not jive with the group. Ultimately, over 10 league games were played and the prize pool totaled $135!
Spring Season Standings
1st: Jeremy Banks (17pts)
2nd: Alex Fandel (8pts)
3rd: John Raney (7pts)
4th: Andy Rauff (6pts)
5th: Brian Newland (5pts)
6th: Nathan Jameson (4pts)
7th: John Pollock (2pts)
8th: Dan Reynolds (2pts)
9th: Andrew Watts (1pt)
10th: Tina Jenkins (1pt)
Spring Season Rules
Season Duration: May 7th – June 4th
Approved League Days: Every Wednesday & Sunday
Entry Fee: $6 per League Event ($3 for Event Prize Support + $3 for a TBD League Prize or Store Credit
Unlimited Play: Come to multiple events and play as many League games as you can.
Random Pods: Groups of 3-4 players will be randomly determined during each event.
Event Prize Support: Packs will go to the group winner. Winner will give 1 pack to another player based on performance, skill, sportsmanship, creativity, etc.
Basic Deck Construct Rules:
- Players must choose a legendary creature as the “Commander” for their deck.
- A card’s colour identity is its colour plus the colour of any mana symbols in the card’s rules text. A card’s colour identity is established before the game begins, and cannot be changed by game effects. The Commander’s colour identity restricts what cards may appear in the deck.
- A deck may not generate mana outside its colours. If an effect would generate mana of an illegal colour, it generates colourless mana instead.
- A Commander deck must contain exactly 100 cards, including the Commander.
- With the exception of basic lands, no two cards in the deck may have the same English name.
Bring your decks and hang out with us all night.
For more information about EDH/Commander rules: http://www.dragonhighlander.net/rules.php
Please do not used banned cards, or Legends that are not allowed in EDH play.
Spring Season League Point System
I’m Too Young to Die! -3 Points (M)
- Eliminate a player prior to their 5th turn.
What Did I Do, No Really?-2 Points
- Defending your actions for doing something unnecessarily rude.
Too Many Options -1 Point
Mark of the Beast+6 Points
- Control exactly 6 lands, 6 creatures, and 6 non-land, non-creature permanents.
We Got Ourselves a Killer+1 Point
- Destroy 2+ Planeswalkers during the game.
I Brought Extras+ 1 Point
- Control 10+ creature tokens at one time.
Die Already!+ 1 Point
- Survive being attacked for lethal damage 3+ times
Your Time has Come+1 Point
- Eliminate a player or be directly responsible for a player’s elimination.
I’ve Seen this Movie+1 Point
- Be the first person eliminated from the game.
Let’s Be Friends!+1 Point
- Prevent another player from being eliminated from the game.
You Win the Game!+ 2 Point
- Finish the game without being eliminated.