It’s time for our next EDH League! After the Spring season, we consulted with DecaturMTG and have adjusted some league rules! If there are any questions, please ask.
Summer Season Rules
Season Duration: July 2nd – August 13th
Approved League Days: Every Wednesday (1 League Game per Person)
Entry Fee: $6 per League Event ($3 for Event Prize Support + $3 for a TBD League Prize or Store Credit)
Random Pods: Groups of 3-4 players will be randomly determined during each event.
Event Prize Support: Packs will go to the group winner. Winner will give 1 pack to another player based on performance, skill, sportsmanship, creativity, etc.
Prize Pool: Prize pool will be extended out to Top 10 players
Basic Deck Construct Rules:
- Players must choose a legendary creature as the “Commander” for their deck.
- A card’s colour identity is its colour plus the colour of any mana symbols in the card’s rules text. A card’s colour identity is established before the game begins, and cannot be changed by game effects. The Commander’s colour identity restricts what cards may appear in the deck.
- A deck may not generate mana outside its colours. If an effect would generate mana of an illegal colour, it generates colourless mana instead.
- A Commander deck must contain exactly 100 cards, including the Commander.
- With the exception of basic lands, no two cards in the deck may have the same English name.
Bring your decks and hang out with us all night.
For more information about EDH/Commander rules: http://www.dragonhighlander.net/rules.php
Please do not used banned cards, or Legends that are not allowed in EDH play.
Summer Season League Point System
I’m Too Young to Die! (-3 Points)
- Eliminate a player prior to their 5th turn.
What Did I Do, No Really? (-2 Points)
- Defending your actions for doing something unnecessarily rude.
Why Are You Scooping, Bro? (-2 Points)
- New Rule: Unnecessary scooping is bad sportsmenlike conduct!
Too Many Options (-1 Point)
Mark of the Beast (+6 Points)
- Control exactly 6 lands, 6 creatures, and 6 non-land, non-creature permanents.
We Got Ourselves a Killer (+1 Point)
- Destroy 2+ Planeswalkers during the game.
I Brought Extras (+1 Point)
- Control 10+ creature tokens at one time.
Die Already! (+3 Points)
Survive being attacked for lethal damage 3x times.
- Revised Rule: Survive being attacked for lethal damage 2x times.
Your Time has Come (+1 Point)
- Eliminate a player or be directly responsible for a player’s elimination.
I’ve Seen this Movie (+1 Point)
- Be the first person eliminated from the game.
Let’s Be Friends! (+1 Point)
Prevent another player from being eliminated from the game.
- Revised Rule: Save an opponent from losing to another opponent.
You Win the Game! (+ 2 Point)
- Finish the game without being eliminated.